Creating the right atmosphere in your workplace is critical important.
Start from the beginning of the night, with your co-workers, cheer them up, give them a compliment, that will make a huge difference in the atmosphere at the club and the way how the staff and management will approach you.
Don’t be rude to the staff, in the short and long term it might affect your income… remember that guests rely a lot in the opinion of the waitress, the managers... Make that effort to remember their names and know a little bit about the people around you. They will give you back that effort with hard work.
Do not talk bad about the staff or the managers or about other dancers to the guests. Remember! Guests have a good communication with your managers, more than what you think…
Let me give you some tips:
1. Try to remember the staff names, waitress, managers, bartenders etc, they are not “baby” or “honey”, not. Make the effort to remember and address them by their names.
2. Never get angry with the staff to deliver drinks to you, or working in the club. Try to be always polite. If you have a concern about some staff performance at work, talk to the manager in private and let him handle it.
3. Never shout at the staff, specially never in front of guests, I saw many guests rejecting dancers for this kind of arrogant behavior, some guests want soft and funny girls, not girls pushing him and staff for money.
4. “Please”, “Thank you”, are powerful words, most of the Staff come to work with the idea to help you and do their best. You need to show you respect their job and their effort.
5. Don’t take for granted that staff have to do their job to help you, is true they are getting paid to do their job, but if you are nice with them, they will do a double effort to help you during the night… There is a big difference between: “I have” and “I want”… Trust me on that, being nice with the staff and your management in your club, will help you to increase your income.
6. Communication is the key word of this tips, Managers are there to guide you and LISTEN YOU, You will be surprise how Managers can help you during the night. Good Managers always have the time to listen dancers with good attitude. If you are a good entertainer it means you are a good communicator. Poor communication often causes confusion (and therefore, stress) in the work place. If those around you aren’t communicating well, ask questions, make suggestions and do whatever else you can to improve the situation. Then professional Managers and Club Operators can immediately investigate potential causes and take the appropriate corrective actions.
If you’re stressed out by guest who takes a lot of our energy, or a co-worker who talks too badly or too much or a boss who’s always looking over your shoulder, figure out a way to effectively communicate your frustration or concerns. If they know their actions are causing you stress, they might be willing to make changes.
Guests ask to the staff and managers about the dancers, who is the best who is their favorite etc… imagine if you fight with everyone in the beginning of the night, there will be a negative energy surrounded you, and you don’t need that energy, you are working in the entertainment industry and for you to perform at your best you need to create a good and positive environment, you are the only one who can make it.
If you come to work already with bad energy, complaining to the managers, arguing with the Dj for the music and shouting at the waitress because they are slow with your drink's order… your night will be very long and stressful.
Build your own stress-free work environment and your night will be better, if you have a good atmosphere you will have more probabilities to work better, your guest will feel better and you will make more money.
Have a good week J